New regulations came into force that tightly control how your information is stored and used.
Australia Bushfire Benefit London must obtain your active consent to use your information. Please read the following and click the “I consent” button below. Without that we will have to erase your contact details and remove you from our newsletters – and that would be most inconvenient for you and us both!
What information we collect and store:
- Your contact details as provided when you joined, including title, name, phone, email and postal address. Company name (if relevant) and partner name (if a joint membership).
- Your membership and event payment history and what events you have attended. Names of guests you have invited to an event.
- Images that may be taken at events and in which you may appear.
- Cookies or IP address information that may show where, when or how you accessed our website.
How we use your information:
- To send you occasional newsletters and other communications
- To enable you to subscribe to events
- To generate anonymous statistics about our membership (e.g. numbers per membership type or postcode area)
- Names and titles (and occasionally job title) may be passed to venues for them to manage their security
- To send you automated reminders when your membership is due for renewal
- We may use images of events in our marketing.
- IP address and other technical information may be used to tune our IT systems or to make sure the website displays correctly on all devices.
Please note that apart from where described above for events we do not pass your information to any third party. We may send you information on behalf of our Corporate partners or members but we will not provide your information directly to them without your explicit prior agreement.
Your membership details are held on the Eventbrite booking platform. This may include hosting on computers in countries other than the UK but we require compliance from our hosts that they are GDPR compliant.
Credit card or account details that you provide to the system will be via Paypal, or to book our events, via Eventbrite. No payment information is retained by us.
All payments online to us are made via Paypal. No payment information is retained by us.
You can amend your own details that we hold about you by contacting us.
We typically send out an enewsletter every month or so. You can unsubscribe instantly with a link that is available on every newsletter.
If you object to having your picture appear in our marketing please contact us and we will make a note to that effect. Any pictures that you indicate to us containing your image will be removed on request.